Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Hey!

So this week... lets see. It has been kind of rough but cool at the same time. It has been a struggle being in the lowest baptizing area in the entire mission but i am feeling very optimistic. We have two baptismal dates right now. However, one of them may move. He is a great teenager named Sergio and he is 16. He has made some mistakes in his life but he is really wanting to change and you can just see it in him that he knows god lives. He will be a great man in the gospel someday. Although he may be moving he has said that he will contact the missionaries wherever he goes and he WILL be baptized! He rocks.
pretty sad to see him leave though. I kinda hope he doesn't go. haha.

Oh so i want to give the biggest thank you ever to the Armbrusters! wow that package was sure amazing. I loved hearing of all the great experiences that the other missionaries in the ward are having. No doubt in my mind that everyone is having a blast on there missions. So thank you so much! I also have recieved a letter from Brent, I guess last transfer he was about 30 minutes away from Francys and Rob but kept so busy he couldn't visit. Maybe one day he go back to that area. never know. Francys... keep your eyes open for a change of missionaries in your area. haha. Much love!

Ok, so I am allowed to recieve pictures so feel free to send them to me. I have some good news as well. I have gotten all my pictures copied and will be sending off the letter today. It has some videos and plenty of pictures. I hope you all enjoy the ones that francys decides to share. I will keep sending more if you send the card back to me! haha.

So, Elder Humpherys and I are having a blast together. I have been blessed my entire mission with companions I get along great with. It just goes to show that the lord truly understands my personality and who I can work best with side by side. You'll all have plenty of pictures of elder McDonald, Elder Humpherys, and a few of my trainer Elder Taylor. It is wierd to think that he is gone and dead from the mission field. He was my papa and I was his first born. haha.

I really don't know what to write this week. no cool experiences are really coming to mind all though i am sure i had a bunch. haha. goes to show how bad of a memory I have. so much happens so fast in the field. I need to make time to write in my journal again or im never going to remember anything from my mission! ah! haha.

Oh i have a request! Could someone send me the seven lectures on faith that was originally in the doctrine and covenants? i have wanting to read it so bad and i feel i need to! please find me a copy if you have the time. Also, Rob... there is a talk you showed me a while back that talks about judgement and it was some cool stuff. I dont know if you know what i am talking about but it had something to do with some guy not being allowed to give it in sacrament meeting after he did once. something like that. maybe i am crazy.

Thank you melissa for the pictures you sent. I love to see how the kids are growing and that you were spending time with my parents now that they are empty nesters! I love you and the family! thank you so much for the support you have given me!

I have two minutes left... lets see what i can type. Well today we have been having a great prep day. we have played all sorts of sports. starting with racquet ball, then tennis, then basketball, I feel fat so it is wonderful getting such a rough work out! I have enjoyed my day so far. Definately needed this one to unwind from the week. anyways. i love you all!

Elder erick Delgado

No comments: