Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday, Feb. 23, 2009

Hello Family!

All is going well here in Atlanta this week. It has been frustrating with some investigators but I know that everyone has there agency and are allowed to do as they wish. Even if they make the wrong decision. I have been praying to the lord that he will send us families and individuals who are ready to act instead of being lazy! It becomes frustrating but i guess it is a humbling experience.
We have many investigators who are loving the gospel teaching but will not keep there commitments. We ask them if they believe us and they say yes but they dont act. Very annoying. So right now i have been praying for those who are ready and willing to act! I know they are out there so pray with me that the lord will put them in the path of me and my companion.
I have bought a digital camera! so I will get that up and going next week on figuring out how to get pictures sent to everyone. I am thinking about buying a 1 gig card and sending it through the mail to francys each time it fills up. what do you think? I have an 8 gig i brought with me but i would not dare send that through the mail. That will hold my entire mission. haha. I have been getting along great with my companion. He is a very humble elder who is a great example to me. oh which reminds me... I wanted to clear something up real quick. I said I had to run the area for a week basically on my own which was a big experience not that I am training. I have to drive everywhere though because my companion is not allowed too! haha. which is way funny. He got into a car crash backing out so now he isn't allowed behind the wheel. Poor guy.
Anyways... we continue to meet people everywhere we go and it has been a blessing being bilingual. I have taught many lessons in spanish and english. It is hilarious to watch my companion try to teach in english even though that was his first language. He says that he can only think in spanish when he teaches so he freezes up. It is alot easier for me to teach in english though. makes for some good tracting experiences... hispanic or not we can share our message with you.
Well i dont think there is much news beside that. hopefully this week we will be getting some baptismal dates. this month was sort of a bummer. oh well. gotta keep pushing forward! I am praying for you all everyday! love you!
Frandina, thank you for taking care of my bank account and making sure that i have money. It has been nice being able to buy some things here and there. Especially ties. its like the only way i can express my style out here! haha. oh and i bought a sweet suit at the goodwill for 15 dollars. anyways i just wanted to say thanks.
Mom and Dad. I am going to write you back tonight. I got the letter from el salvador. sounds like it was a memorable and worthwhile experience. I pray for your safety everyday! thank you for teaching to be such a hard worker and for the example you have set in my life! i love you both very much.
rest of family. sorry its not personal but i got to jet. know that i love you all and i am praying for you all. i will do my best to write back quickly. some ground mail is always nice! hint hint wink wink! haha.

With much Love!

Elder Erick Delgado

No comments: