Friday, January 16, 2009

I received a letter in the mail today...

Today I got a letter from Elder Delgado with lots of fun pictures from the M.T.C. I have scanned them and hope the quality is good enough. Here is what he has to say:

"I am so sorry it took so long to write. I have been keeping busy. It has been very hard, but I know it will be worth it...My mission is going very well, a lot of down points however. We (Elder Taylor is my companion) teach about 30 lessons a week on average. The baptisms we were praying for fell through. But we are still fighting for at least two! Maybe the Lord will give us more!
I have been taken care of here. The ward members are very strong and we fed a lot! I feel like throwing up at times because I eat so much. The Mission is a lot different than what I expected...It juse stinks that we do just about zero tracting here. I am in a car my entire mission because my area covers so much ground. So, Yeah, that sorta stinks, too. Oh, well, I'll suck it up.
I feel worn out, I am still not used to this schedule. I fall asleep reading my scriptures. It is hard to focus when teaching at times. But, I think in a few weeks I'll be doing better. Anyways, I need to go. I am giving you some pictures from the M.T.C. I hope you like them. I will get some pictures out to you when I can. I am saving money to buy a camera...Love you All!

Elder Erick Delgado
1/12/09"

No comments: