Monday, January 11, 2010

Kennesaw/Cherokee Branch...


What up?! What Up?!
So... I'm now in Kennesaw Georgia. So I went from the south border of the mission to the north border of the mission. I am stoked to be here. I got placed into this area for a reason. My entire district WHITE WASHED IN! all except for my companion. There was some problems here and everything had to change. This creates a unique challenge being the district leader here.
I am so glad to see that the missionaries that i got to work with are amazing! I know they are working hard! I have been going out with them working side by side to see how it is all going. I have two greenies in the district and I can tell that they are both going to need a lot of work. Luckily there trainers are strong examples. Elder Lee is training Elder Jensen. Elder Lee is from Maryland, Prince George's County. Elder Jensen is from Canada, Calgary. Elder Oke is training Elder Siverst. Elder Oke is from Canada, Toronto. Elder Siverst is from Utah, Bountiful. Who would have thought I would have gotten two Canadians? Pretty cool... ay? haha.
As for my Companion his name is Phillip Harris and he is one great guy! He has overcome a lot of challenges in his life including a brain tumor that took him years to fight off! He is a great Elder with great desires to serve the people. Sadly for most of his mission he has had missionaries who have not taught him well or set a strong example for him. I am changing alot in the area here and he is struggling keeping up. We are working harder then he ever has his entire mission. I praying that he will begin to see the blessings flow as we put extra work into the area.
I have felt the spirit quite frequently since the transfer began. I can tell it will be rough with Elder Harris for a bit but I know that his heart will change with the success the Lord will grant us. I have felt a confirmation that the Lord has wonderful things in store for my area and District. He has merely been waiting for missionaries who qualify for his blessings! I believe we are the sets of missionaries the Lord has been waiting for to start paving the way!
So a little bit about the area. It has had some really low numbers for a long time now. We have two latin Elders in my branch including me. Elder Gomez is the other one. He is from Peru. The branch president was very excited to see missionaries that can get in touch with the culture more natrually. I have seen a great fire in the branch here! This is the largest branch that I have served in. There were at least 50 people at sacrament! It was awesome! They are showing there willingness to serve and I know that they have been waiting for missionaries to change things here.

This branch opened in October 2009 and has had nine baptisms by the end of the year! Sadly, Fire was burned out for a while. However... There is great potential to begin baptizing once again here shortly. I see a great amount of hispanics around and It makes me happy to see them out there! I am praying that the lord will bless us with a baptism within this transfer to show the members we are willing to work hard.
Please pray that Elder Harris and I may find success! I am so happy to be here! I just feel good things coming! Mom, I will be praying for you extra hard this week. As well as for you Dad! I know that the lord will take care of you and I am not worried.
Francys... I am so happy to hear about your calling! maybe Elder Armbruster will be back in your ward and you'll work side by side with him. I know that you will do great in your new calling. It seems to me to be one of the most fun! Especially for missionary work! I can't even begin to express how grateful I am when ward activities are put together.
I am looking forward to ragnar! I will do what I can to train here on the mission. My new complex has a sick gym we go to every morning. I run at least a mile every day now. I will kick it up throughout the transfer. As for james... I know that you hate to sing and Dance! no worries so do I! haha. I will tell you this though... if you do not participate and you find out that a prophet of God was present during the event and would have spoken to you... you'll regret it buddy. Do it! It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you will meet some great new friends along the way. I promise!
I love you all! I am so grateful for the support that you have all given me! by the way... Did you ever get my link to the rudolph video? if not contact the noldens. they will help you out! Be safe everyone!

Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado

No comments: