Hey Family!
How is everyone doing? I hope everyone had a good week. I had a pretty long one as far as missionary stuff goes. No worries though... nothing I cant handle. Luckily, I have a great companion to help me lead a zone. It would be rough work all by myself. I am not sure how president King stays up to date with a whole mission! haha.
Anyways... Thanks for all of you who wished me a happy birthday. I had a great one this year! I got to have dinner with the Monroy Family (Awesome people!) and along with them the Castillo's! This was a great suprise to me! It was so great to see them all and be around them again. Especially to see that Jason is doing so well. I dont know if you remember... but Jason is the little boy I asked you all to pray for about a year ago who had an accident in a swimming pool and was placed into critical care.
The other highlight was getting to go and be with the Smith family on the 6th! It was an awesome labor day and all the missionaries who went really enjoyed it! I love that family so much and I could see the love that they have for missionaries being in there home once more. They cooked us a great lunch and allowed us to use there home to host some sports and games. It was a great activity!
As for the rest of the week... It had some great highlights. Jesse Lee is an investigator that we are teaching in the young single adult ward! We commited him to baptism last week and he was firm in his resolve to follow through with it. It was such a great experience because I know he has had many trials in his life and has been investigating the church for over a year now. It is nice to know that he will be taking the next step of progression in his life shortly. Pray for him!
Jerry Embritz is also someone else we have the opportunity to teach. He is or was the boyfriend of a member in the cumorah branch. One night he called us out of the blue and said that he wanted to learn more about the church. We were excited knowing someone was looking for us this time! He is truly ELECT! as we have met with him the spirit has been powerful and he has come to church 2 weeks in a row since we first began. He is really understanding what he has to do and has comitted to baptism for the begining of october!
Cynthia Tejada is solid and has passed her baptismal interview. She is qued up and ready to go for the 12th. that is this sunday. We are praying all will go well. She is well prepared and teaching her has been a great experience with her family by her side.
That reminds me! on the 12th the Roswell stake will be reorganized. This means that during Stake Conference we will have the opportunity to see Elder Zwick of the first quorum of seventy there. A new presidency will be announced and I imagine we will have the opportunity to hear from them this sunday at stake conference.
Well, I would have to say that has been the major highlights of the week. I love the work. It is crazy to think that in 3 months I will be coming home. I feel like I got here yesterday... than again... it feels like i've been out here for way more than 2 years! haha. Thank you all for your support. I love you.
Elder Delgado
p.s. Official release date has been issued as Dec.9th,2010 - Due to the fact that Salt Lake Headquarters does not want to send missionaries home so close to a holiday.
The Last Letter!
16 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment