Hello Everyone!
How is everyone doing? From reading the recent emails it seems as though everyone is doing wonderful! It truly makes me so happy to hear such wonderful news from back home. I may be busy out here but don't ever think I forget about my family and friends! I love you guys so much and pray for you each night.
So this week has probably been one of the most powerful and memorable weeks of my mission. It all began a couple of weeks ago leading up to this week. Elder Carnley and I recieved training on 8 topics of focus in order to improve our missionary work. We truly felt the spirit during our training seminar and understood that our role was to now share that spirit with the rest of the zone.
Shortly after we felt the need to hold a zone conference. Just us. Most zone conferences are presided over by President King and than he instructs us. We felt that we needed to have one where Elder Carnley and I would be doing the teaching. We set up the day 2 and 1/2 weeks in advance to allow everyone to understand that what we were planning was something important for the zone.
We set aside two days to make this happen. The first day was on a Wednesday with a schedule running from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We broke it down into segments. We spent a ton of time preparing to make this a memorable experience for the zone. We understood what it was we needed to talk about. It came down to 4 segments. The first was "The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion", I was in charge of that segment. I trained for an hour and a half about the importance of the spirit in the work. It was truly a powerful experience for me to feel the spirit direct me in what to say and what to do. It will be something i never forget.
We broke for an hour lunch after and got together once again at 1:00. We did the next segment on "Revelation through the Book of Mormon" We were able to teach with great love for the Book of Mormon and help others understand a bit better the importance of the Book of Mormon in our lives and missionary work. It is after all... "the Keystone of our religion."
The next segment was from 2:00 to 3:00 and it was called "We teach People, Not Lessons" Elder Carnley was the one in charge of training on this one. He did such a Wonderful job! He helped us understand peoples needs and feel the spirit.
The last segment is hard to describe but it was a live group practice session with a training dvd we were able to use. It was great to see everyone participate and progress. After the last session we "mixed things up" by having our entire zone switch companionships until the next day!
Thursday, we all got back together for a wrap up session and to exchange back. We shared experiences we had and were able to uplift one another. We spoke more about teaching by the spirit and in the end did an activity to allow the spirit to unify all of us as a zone. It was powerful as you could see the love that had developed and even tears flowing from people I would not have expected.
well... that was zone conference. Than Elder Lee joined our companionship on friday. his companion has to get knee surgery and was sent home. I am out of time right now, but i want everyone to know that we had two more wonderful people commit to be baptized. We are enjoying the spirit in such a powerful way. Thank you for all of your support. I love you all!
Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado
The Last Letter!
16 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment