Hey Everyone!
How is everyone doing? I am doing wonderful here in Cumorah! I love being in this area so much! It has been so fulfilling and really been a motivation to continually improve. This week was full of blessing from the lord as we worked hard. The greatest blessing being that we were able to participate in the baptism of a man who has now joined his family in the church.
That is right! Antonio is officially baptized! It was so powerful! His wife had no clue at all that he was the one being baptized until he came out dressed in white! I never that you could start crying that fast! haha. It was beautiful. You could see the love Antonio has for his wife knowing that this would mean the world to her.
He is great and full of the spirit! You could see so much joy in his face yesterday and it was an honor to see him and his family together. We sang some wonderful hymns and there was a special musical number sung by antonio and the herrera family. "Families can be together forever" It was moving to see them sing and feel the spirit. You just look at them and know that they will be sealed in one year. I look forward to that day!
Along with that we have had some wonderful people begin to investigate the church. One man being from Cuba. He is very religious and came to church for the first time last week. It was awesome to see how much he loved it. He has studied the bible a ton and he knows his stuff! The best part about it though... is that he agrees with all of our doctrines and has been learning about us for quite some time now!
We feel that he will come along quickly. He is also wanting us to meet his family and to help them all come closer to god. We are praying that sometime in November he will be ready for baptism! Pray for us!
So... We got transfer calls last night. My heart dropped when I recieved a call from President King... I thought for sure i was going to be moved for my last six weeks! Fortunately, he told me that I would be staying in the cumorah branch to be the district leader and to train one last time. I was so relieved! haha.
Although it is tough to think that I won't have some of the responsibilities I loved so much. I know that this is the right thing to do. I look forward to it! Honestly, I just wanted to stay here in roswell more than anything! The lord knew my heart and my desires and blessed me for my last transfer. It is odd to think that I will have another companion again. I thought for sure Elder Collette was the last one!
I have enjoyed serving with him a ton and have seen his great spirit. He will make a great leader and example to those around us. It is odd to think that he got moved but I have a feeling he will be with Elder Sieverts. They will make a great pair of Zone Leaders and I look forward to serving around them for these next few weeks.
So it is official. I will be coming home in a little over 6 weeks. I hope you are all preparing! haha. I will probably need a gym membership! oh, and as far as school goes...There are tons of Elders already applying and registering for school. I dont know if I will have the opportunity to go this first semester back. Hopefully I'll be able to find a solid job in the mean time. I hope your pulling some strings sister!
Anyways... I love you all! take care! oh... and Juliette! congratulations on your baptism! I love you so much! love uncle Erick! I hope to hear from you all!
Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado
LAST TRANSFER- Nov. 1, 2010
Hello Family,
Well, this is my last transfer. There was a ton of changes that occurred during the transfer meeting. I have lots of mixed feelings about what took place but i'm trying to lay aside my pride and trust that all will work out. I now have a new companion. Elder Stephen Bentley from Chicago, Illinois. He is a Brazilian visa waiter and we are having a little contest to see who will leave Georgia first.
The highlight of this week was definately yesterday though! Jerry Embriz blessed the sacrament for the first time and Camil Vivas passed it. Victor Montalvo was confirmed and recieved the aaronic priesthood. Some wonderful people came to church and it was wonderful and inspiring hearing the Morote family gives talks.
Thank you all for all of your support. I love you so much and I am grateful for all the wonderful news that you share with me each week. Love you all! take care
Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado
Retention, Reactivation, Referrals, Nov. 8, 2010
Hello Everybody!
So this week was bomb! We had some great success with the focuses of missionary work that we have. Not to long ago we put toghether a branch mission plan between the 4 elders we have in the apartment. It focuses on 3 "R's". Retention, Reactivation, Referrals.
We have been working on it for a couple of weeks now and we are seeing some sweet results.
This week we were able to give 2 baptismal dates due to the help of members in reffering us to their friends. They have been investigating for quite some time but are such a wonderful family. The plan is to have a wedding and a baptism on December 4th. Please pray for them. The names are Isabel and Rafael.
We were also able to see another recent convert (Antonio Montalvo) bless the sacrament for the first time this sunday! Man is it sweet to see recent converts progress in the gospel! Along with that we have some other great work going on with the recent converts around. We teach all of the new member lessons here and you can see the difference of how well someone understands once they have been given the gift of the holy ghost! Epic!
Oh and to top it all off... We had two less active families come to church! this one woman named Kenia is awesome! she is a wonderful person with 2 kids and she had not been to church ever since i have been here. Well, we started focusing on her this past week in hopes of seeing her change her heart in wanting to come to church. It paid off and We got to see her there! It reminded me of the first time I got to see someone reactivated! the joy is just as great as seeing a baptism!
Oh yeah... so get this... Elder Romy Lakip. I met him in the MTC. He was in my district and we became good friends while there. Well, It just so happens that his family is from Atlanta and I have been over to his home and eaten with his family multiple times while serving. They are Great! This week though... Elder Lakip returned home and I had the opportunity to see him and chat for a bit. It was so cool and wierd to think that he was just Romy instead of Elder Lakip. haha.
As for me and going home... well, I dont know how well I will adjust. I have heard of all the other Elders Registering for school and picking classes. So I don't know what to think. anyways... that is my life. Cross that bridge when i get to it I guess.
Love you all,
Elder Erick Delgado
http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/trust-in-god-then-go-and-do?lang=eng&clang=spa
The Last Letter!
16 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment