Hello Family!
So this has got to be one of the most memorable weeks of my mission. It was filled with many spiritual moments and wonderful people making the right decisions in their lives. This week we had the opportunity to participate in two baptismal services for 3 different people.
The first was for Jerry Embriz. He is amazing! He is probably the most well prepared person I have ever had the chance of teaching on my mission. It was so very special to see him progress and accept the gospel. He was baptized by a wonderful member named Bro. Subieta whose family was responsible for helping him come in contact with the church.
Although Jerry is only 17 years old his mother was extremely supportive of his decision. On friday was the first opportunity that we really had to meet her and to talk with her. We shared with her the importance of the decision that Jerry was making in his life and the blessings that would follow. She was happy to be there.
Well, here is a little story to go with the baptism... We have been planning his baptism for quite some time now and had a great baptismal service scheduled out for Jerry. We had many of the youth participating and giving the talks and prayers. Well, the only drawback was getting the program printed. We wanted it to be nice and set the standard for future baptisms in the branch. Seeing as how we recently got a branch mission leader.
We decided we would make the program. Well, we got more than what we bargained for. We ended up having to go to Kinko's to do the program and to use their computers... it cost .20 cents a minute! well, we thought that was to terrible so we decided to do it anyways. well... you wouldn't believe how fast minutes tick by! haha.
We got a wonderful program typed and it was epic legit! probably one of the best I've ever seen. haha. if i could say so myself. In the end the program went wonderful! the spirit was powerful and you could see how much it had worked on jerry's mother. AMAZING!
Saturday, We had the baptismal service for Marcel and Camil Vivas! Wow! was that wonderful or what! Elder Blair and I were honored to perform the baptisms and to be the ones who shared the gospel with them. I have come to love them so much and you could see how excited they were to make this step in their lives.
Although her husband is still in jail. She has recognized the blessings that have come from the gospel in her life. Recently, an outstanding member of the cumorah branch (who is a lawyer) took the case of her husband and will be representing him!
I can't express how amazing it was to see this baptism. It has been 3 and a half months since we first met and knew that they were elect. They will make such an impact in this world. They seem to be even more active than a lot of the members! haha.
I've been so blessed throughout my mission. I am humbled thinking that such moments do come. I'm touched by the stories of faith all of you share with me from back home. I look forward to the day that you all can meet the wonderful people that I have come to love so much! I am praying for you all and hope that your striving to share the gospel with those around you.
The confirmations were wonderful and many other things in the week. Sadly, I am out of time. Know that I love you all and I'm grateful for your prayers and support. Bianca, I'm praying for you and your family. I love you! Name him after me! haha.
Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado
The Last Letter!
16 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment