Tuesday, we had our district meeting but we had to go to winder to attend the other district. Winder is about 50 miles away from us. It was quite the drive. From there we met up after for another meeting that Elder Young and I were holding for all the district leaders and held a council. It was very productive seeing as how the leaders in the mission right now are all very young. I am one of the oldest missionaries. It is wierd to think about!
Wednesday, that was transfer meeting! It was great to be there and see so many changes occur. while there i also had the opportunity to talk with sister Smith! That was definately one of the highlights this week for me! Mom, I hope you know she loves you! haha. However, the meeting had a very sad point for me as well. It was the transfer in which Elder Matti Harker Kilpelainen finished his mission. I couldn't help but shed some tears seeing one of my best friends leave the mission. He has definately been one of the greatest influences I have ever had in my life and I will never forget him... As for the Zone, We had a good amount of changes made. There is now 3 new trainees in the zone, 2 of them are sisters. We had one elder come in from gainsville who has been out for a little over a year and a district leader come in for monroe. I'll send a zone picture next email... I forgot them this time.
Friday, we had zone leader council in Lilburn. That was quite the experience. We meet up with the Athen Zone Leaders in Athens to save us some miles. (it is a 140ish miles roundtrip to Lilburn) then we drive to the council.... are there from 10-4 and then travel back for a good two hours. haha. It was fun though. While in Athens we had dinner cause we were starving at this little restaurant called calintito's. It was great food and fun to be around such a big crowd of people. Seeing as how we were in the heart of Athens. (UGA Campus)
Then the weekend, back to hard work. We have been doing our best to move this area forward. We see success and highlights with some wonderful people and we're praying that the lord will guide to understand what it is that we must accomplish. As of right now we feel we are to help the zone progress and work with the missionaries more then anything else. We have 18 exchanges scheduled out for the next 6 weeks so that means that one of us will always be on the road again. I am excited to do this because I find so much joy in working with others and meeting new people. Pray that we will effectively impact the work with the missionaries!
Anyways... I got to go. I love you all. I appreciate the love and support you have all been giving me and I am praying for you!
Much Love,
Elder Erick Delgado



No comments:
Post a Comment